"The corporations don't have to lobby the government anymore. They are the government."
- Jim Hightower
Recently (one week ago), Notmilk posted the undercover video which resulted in USDA's closure of a slaughterhouse operation in which animals were tortured, and in which diseased animals entered the food supply.
"To see a wrong and not to expose it, is to become a silent partner to its continuance."
- Dr. John Raymond Baker
Here is a four minute tape produced from many hours of undercover recording:
"You shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you mad."
USDA immediately closed that slaughter/torture factory. It has since been re-opened.
"A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."
- John F. Kennedy
In Utah, the individual from Compassion Over Killing (COP) would be sentenced to spend a year in a Salt Lake City jail for recording such criminal activity. His crime represents a greater threat to the state of Utah which prides itself on a comparatively false system of morals and ethics.
"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
- Albert Einstein
One year in jail. That is Utah's punishment for such whistle blowing activity.
Many other states have made it a crime to film abuses on farms or slaughterhouses without the owner's permission. Imagine getting the owner's permission???
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
- Martin Luther King, Jr.
Dear Farmer in the Dell,
May I have permission to film the following standard operating procedures on your dairy farm? I would like to capture on video:
1) The separation process by which a newborn calf is forcibly removed forever from her mother;
2) The process by which a calf's tail is chopped from her body (tail docking) so that for the rest of her life she cannot swat stinging insects attracted to her rear end from which diseased brown juices drip down to taint wholesome white juice;
3) The process by which a calf's horns are painfully cauterized and removed from her head without the use of anesthesia;
4) The process by which a newborn male calf's life is ended with a bullet to the skull because it costs more money to transport that calf to a pre-slaughter auction ring than would be netted to the farmer from an auction sale;
5) The injection of antimicrobials such as LS-50 which is illegal to administer to lactating cows and yet, which is the most commonly detected antibiotic residue found in the flesh (meat) of slaughtered cows.
"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."
- Pancho Villa