My name is Auntie Viv, and I love, love animals. Everyone who knows me, knows
that…in fact, people call me ‘The Cat Lady’ because I rescued a darling kitty
who was abandoned on the steps of the library where I worked. Folks seem to like
to talk to me about animals, and I like to talk to them, too!
The other day, a new friend asked me, “Viv, I know animals are suffering, but
I’m not sure what I can do. How can I help animals?”
Well, this is such a good question, and one so many have. But I thought, “how
can I help people help animals?” Then it came to me—I’ll write a monthly blog
and this could be my very first question! After some pondering, I came up with
10 things that we can all do to make the world a better place for animals.
Auntie Viv’s Top 10 Ways to Help Animals
10. Hug your companion animals – They give unlimited love and inspiration
9. Buck the cruelty – Avoid rodeos, circuses, zoos, aquariums
8. Wear your message – Tell others that animals matter
7. Learn more – There’s always something new to know about animals
6. Spay and neuter – It helps prevent pet over-population
5. Keep it wild – Protect wildlife and their habitats
4. Eat your veggies! – We can save animals by not eating meat
3. Share what you know – The more who are aware, the more who will care
2. Look for the Leaping Bunny – Shop cruelty-free and buy only products not
tested on animals
1. Give yourself a big hug – Embrace the animal advocate you are!
I’ve met so many wonderful folks over the years, including some who’ve done
great things for both animals and people. So one thing I know, sure as broccoli
is green, is that people are powerful.
What do you do to help animals? I’d love to know, and if you want more ideas or
have a question, just “Ask
Auntie Viv!” Maybe I’ll even include your question in my next post.
For animals everywhere,