July 28, 2010
Please Write to Animal Liberation Prisoner Walter Bond
Accused "Lone Wolf" ALF Member Needs Your Support
"If they haven't got prisoners, we have stopped fighting. If our prisoners are
forgotten about, they have beaten us."
-Keith Mann, ALF activist and former prisoner
Walter Bond is imprisoned in Jefferson County Jail in Colorado, and requests
letters from supporters. Letters can be a huge source of psychological support
for imprisoned activists; see guidelines below, but write about yourself, the
movement and anything else even if you have never met the person in jail.
Remember, every letter is read by the state.
The FBI alleges Bond admitted to an informant to setting two additional fires in
addition to the Colorado Sheepskin Factory arson - one at Tandy Leather Factory,
the other at Tiburon (foie gras restaurant), both in Utah. In anonymous
communiques, “A.L.F. Lone Wolf” took credit. To date, Bond is charged only with
the Sheepskin Factory arson. The crime carries a mandatory minimum of 5 years in
federal prison. Additional charges for the two Utah arsons are possible.
Walter Bond #P01051760
PO Box 16700
Golden, CO 80402-6700
Things to remember when writing to prisoners:
1. Don't discuss any illegal activity (ALL mail is read by prison officials).
2. Each prison has its own mail restrictions.
3. Do not put any stickers inside or outside the card/letter (including Air
Mail/Par Avion stickers, if writing from overseas)
4. Do not include any paperclips, staples or anything extra in your letter.
5. Write your address on the envelope AND inside the letter, since prisoners
often are not given the envelope.
6. Do not send money to the prison address (please contact activist's support
groups to financially support prisoners).
7. Prisoners appreciate books, but they must be paperback, and must ship
directly from the publisher or from online retailers like Amazon.com.
8. Your letters are appreciated , even if you don't receive a response
(prisoners are only allowed a limited amount of paper, envelopes and stamps,
making it difficult to respond to every letter).
Contact: (818) 227-5022
Animal Liberation Press Office
6320 Canoga Avenue #1500
Woodland Hills, CA 91367